Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Two Steps Closer to the Edge

Throughout this entire journey in journalism, I've encountered a lot of different people and formed a bunch of friendships.

A fun fact about me: I was a swimmer for about six years, starting in middle school and "retiring" after my senior year of high school (I didn't really have a career out of it, but retiring sounds better than quitting or getting burned out). So, when I came to UF and ended up having a few classes with Elizabeth Beisel, you can probably guess that I freaked out just a bit.

Turns out, Liz is hands-down one of the sweetest people that I've ever met, and chances are if you've hung out with her, she's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, too. She's also a pretty great journalist, and I think it's kind of cool (and ironic) that she's in the industry when the media already plays such a huge role in her life as an athlete.

Still haven't caught on yet? She's an Olympian. You're welcome.

Another great person in my life is Jesse. He's the sassy friend that you've always wanted and more, and I've learned a lot about my work through what he does. He's the only person that I know that can say that they have a job for a news station in college. A JOURNALISM JOB IN COLLEGE. And here's everyone else freaking out about their future when this kid's already started his. Four for you Jesse, you go Jesse.

Lastly, Taylor is one of the most fashionable people I've ever met. Anytime I see one of her outfits, I take mental style notes. She's taken newsroom style to a whole new level. She even dedicated an entire blog post to newsroom fashion, which I think is a good go-to for any everyday fashion tips. My style is very simple and tasteful (at least I think so), and always consists of dressing up staple closet items, such as dark jeans, a casual blazer, ballet flats, or a simple boatneck top.

I shop at the likes of J.Crew and Gap, because although the style is constantly changing, everything revolves around those basic pieces, whether it's a pair of embellished chino shorts or dressing up an outfit with a statement necklace (such as this one, which I LOVE), and I think that Taylor's embraced that wholeheartedly and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment